Our 50th Anniversary Celebration
We’re having a party! Beginning this July and lasting through July 2017, we’re having a year-long commemoration of our golden anniversary.
The Celebrate Lacey Planning Committee – representatives from Lacey Fire District #3, Lacey South Sound Chamber of Commerce, North Thurston Public Schools, Panorama, Saint Martin’s, and Lacey Boards and Commissions – is planning four major events:
* July 3, 2016, Fireworks Spectacular & Freedom Concert at Rainier Vista Community Park
This treasured Lacey tradition has a new location, live music, more activities, and a very-special fireworks show. Admission is free to all thanks to TwinStar, Xerox, the Lacey South Sound Chamber, and Capital Development Company. Featured bands are the Blackberry Bushes Stringband, and British Export – the finest Beatles tribute band on tour!link to details at http://www.ci.lacey.wa.us/fireworks
* December 5th Birthday Bash at Huntamer Park
Share in the revelry as we celebrate our 50th with the Lacey Lighted Parade, Holiday Tree Lighting, and Open House. Events begin at 5:00 p.m.
* Mayor’s Gala
Coming in the spring of 2017, the Mayor’s Gala will be a distinctive, entertaining, and classy banquet celebrating Lacey’s past and envisioning our future. More details coming soon!
* Closing Celebration Concert, July 8, 2017
We’re wrapping up the celebration with an all-day concert at Huntamer Park in conjunction with the South Sound BBQ Festival. Enjoy live entertainment from a variety of bands playing music from the 60’s to present day. Free admission to all!
* There's more! Through the support of the Lacey City Council and thanks to partnerships with service organizations, businesses, and community groups, we have a full slate of activities throughout Celebrate Lacey! See our full calendar of events.
Join In! Be A Partner With Celebrate Lacey
* Host a presentation. Our speaker’s bureau provides an entertaining and informative presentation about the incorporation of Lacey.
* Display our traveling historical exhibit at your workplace or public building.
* To schedule a presentation or exhibit contact Erin Quinn-Valcho, Museum Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org